This mod will add a new UCP tab that allows users to delete their own account. Complies with EU directive 95/46/CE.
You can download this Mod, from the phpBB mod database.
Please drop me a line if you use this mod; I’m very interested in any feedback you might have.
The Delete My Account mod does the following:-
- adds a Delete My Account tab to the UCP
- uses a two step deletion process with double checks and password confirmation
- adds a permission to allow users to also delete their posts (this defaults to off) – when a third checkbox appears on the UCP page
- prevents Founders from deleting themselves
- assigns any posts to the guest user with the name Deleted User plus the users old ID (e.g. Deleted User 342)
- logs the deletion in the user log
- uses the standard in-built user deletion process
- Compatibility: phpBB 3.0.11
It is recommended that you install this module with AutoMod. After running AutoMod and the installer via UMIL you should remove the install directory. To uninstall the module recopy the install directory and run the install_delete_my_account.php file and follow the instructions. Afterwards you can delete all the files copied by AutoMod.
If you want to allow users the option to delete their posts you should edit the permissions for the group or role you wish to allow to do this (registered users or standard) and set Can Delete Posts when deleting account to Yes. If you don’t wish to give them this option then you are good to go.
- Updated for phpBB 3.0.11
- Fixed log text.
- Updated author notes.
- Fixed html validation issue in prosilver.
- Fixed Version Numbering.
- Removed unused and commented code.
- Added form key validation.
- Initial Release