This plugin allows administrators to enter a list of historic events. Historic events that occurred this day in past years can then be displayed via the included widget and shortcodes.
You can download this Plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
You can enter, edit or delete historical or, if you wish future, events via the simple administration page which also lists the events that you have entered. You can, of course, both filter and sort the list.
The events are displayed via an included widget or one of the two shortcodes. Events are shown chronologically by year if they fall on the same day and month of the current date.
Optionally you can create event types and assign a type to an event. Events can then be shown and filtered by event type in both the administration screen and widget.
NB: This plugin requires php 5.3.0 or higher
Bulk Importing of Events
The events are stored in the standard posts table so it is possible to use a standard importer to bulk load your events from a CSV file if you want. I recommend using Really Simple CSV Importer to do this. This is the process:-
- Install and active This Day in History
- Install and active Really Simple CSV Importer.
- Go to Tools -> Import -> CSV -> Choose your CSV file -> Click Upload and Import
- You’re Done.
This CSV file must be in a particular format. Here is an example file you can download.
- Added the ability to use c for the current month in the tdih_tab shortcode
- Added the option to include the event age (useful for birthdays)
- Fixed the date sorting issue in the admin screen
- Fixed issue with accessing Event Types in WordPress 4.4
- Added support for entry of early dates without leading zeros (e.g. 4-10-20 becomes 0004-10-20)
- Updated shortcode help screen text
- The shortcode table date format is set via the TDIH option (bug fix)
- Updated shortcode help screen to remove commas from the example (bug fix)
- Split the shortcode into two (tdih) like the widget and (tdih_tab) table format
- It is now possible to enter a date without a year (enter 0000 for the year)
- Added option to show events for yesterday or tomorrow instead of today
- Added an option to allow sorting of the administration table of events by day, month or year first
- Fixed pagination issues with WordPress 4.0
- Moved number of events shown to a screen option
- Overhaul of admin screens
- Removed custom table migration code for early versions
- First production release
- Added show_all to the shortcode
- Added Option for the text displayed when there are no events.
- Fixed Admin Bar bug in WordPress 3.6
- Improved function naming for cross plugin compatibility
- Fixed html5 date input issue with Chrome
- Fixed bug with search on admin list
- tdih shortcode added
- help updated
- Fix for duplicate events when using post types
- Fix for activation hook not firing on upgrade
- Added event types
- Events now stored as posts
- Added widget option to show or not show the year
- Added options page
- Added option for events per page and date format
- Removed 255 character limit for event names
- Change event name input to a textarea
- Some minor html bug fixes
- Fix for editing entries with double quotes (like some html code) – more magic quotes misery
- Fix for local (blog) time rather than server time
- Fix for miserable magic quotes
- Name changed from Today In History
- CSS layout updated
- Help text updated
- Fixed sorting after edit issue
- Initial Release