This convertor can be used to convert an existing DragonflyCMS 9.2.x standard forum to phpBB3. This forum is based on the phpBB2 convertor as the Dragonfly forums are a derivative of that version.
The convertor has been well tested on 9.2.1 but should work well with any 9.2.x version. It is designed to work with the standard integrated forums and not with Forums Pro.
As I have moved away from DragonflyCMS completely and don’t even have a working test set-up for it now I can not longer provide support for this convertor nor will there be another release. You can still download and use the convertor if you want but you are basically on your own.
I used version 1.0 to convert my own site and had no problems, but there are some limitations and potential issues and some specific conversions and hard-coded values that suit what I wanted and may or may not be good for you (mainly to do with bbcode and smilies).
This converter does not convert link forums or forum subscriptions because I didn’t use those features.
Consider yourself warned.
You can download this Mod directly from the phpBB Convertors Database, or here
This convertor is a drop-in mod for the phpBB3 installer (just place the two files in the convertor sub-directory under the install directory) and a new option for DragonflyCMS will appear in convertors screen). Just follow the conversion process and fill in (or change if your installation is different) the various boxes. The conversion takes care of the rest, and will convert the following data (copying images and files where required):
- Users (and avatars)
- Forums (all categories, forums, sub-forums, forum-links, topics, posts, polls, attachments and topic icons)
- Private Messages
- Common System Settings
- Compatibility: phpBB 3.0.11, DF 9.2.x
Use a relative path from your phpBB3 install to the Dragonfly forums module as the value for “forum path”.
- Updated for phpBB 3.0.11
- Various minor code fixes and enhancements
- Deleted and suspended users are now automatically deactivated.
- Simple html in forum descriptions is converted into bbcode.
- Time zone correction is now automatic.
- Fixed a bug with a missing function in phpbb_check_username_collisions
- Added common bbcode substitutions to converted DF bbcodes to phpBB3 compliant ones.
- Added URL replacements for common forum links.
- Add a time zone correction for times where the server isn’t in the GMT timezone.
- Fixed a bug with avatar paths.
- Fixed a bug with username collision checking.
- Changed the topic icon import process to replace icons rather than add them to the list.
- Fixed bug with relative avatar gallery path where the phpBB3 directory is in a sub-directory.
- Updated for phpBB 3.0.10
- Fixed anonymous posting bug
- Removed bbcode_uid conversion (obsoleted).
- Removed bbbanlist conversion (obsoleted).
- Removed bbdisallow conversion (obsoleted).
- Initial Release